The Time to Trial page provides data about the time to trial before a selected U.S. District Court or judge. View a court or judge’s Average, Median, Maximum, and Minimum months to trial compared to their respective national statistics, visualize the time to trial data in various chart forms, and address common questions such as:
- How long should my client expect for their case to get to trial?
- Is this judge faster or slower than other judges to hear cases?
- How many cases in this district took between 18 and 24 months from filing to trial?
- Will it change my estimated time to trial if I opt for a bench trial?
- Does case size affect time to trial? If so, can I alter my accusations to expedite the case?